Everyone wants their wedding day to be special for all the right reasons and an important element of hitting this ‘perfect’ wedding day goal is of course the venue. The choice of venues where a couple can get married is seemingly endless in 2023 with venues as diverse as a zoo or even underwater not unheard of.
For people with more conventional ideas as to what constitutes the perfect wedding venue, hotels feature highly. Although hotels are situated everywhere, from tropical islands to mountaintop locations, the focus of this article will be on what to consider when choosing a Bangkok wedding venue. Please see below for a list of things you should consider before you pay the hotel venue a deposit.
- Capacity – The number of people invited to your wedding will determine what type of venue you select. If you have 500 people on the guest list, make sure you choose a venue that can accommodate this amount comfortably. In contrast, booking a venue that exceeds the required capacity can make the place feel empty, which would make for a far from ideal atmosphere. If you contact a hotel that offers wedding venues, their resident wedding planner should be able to make recommendations as to the most suitable sized space for your wedding party.
- Venue Design – It’s very important to get this element of your wedding day absolutely spot on, it must be exactly how you want it, right down to the color scheme, the flowers, seating arrangements, and much more. Again, this is an area where the role of the venue’s wedding planner will be worth its weight in gold. If you are looking for city wedding venues with skyline views, Bangkok is a world leader, and some hotels, including Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20, have city views that are simply breathtaking. Be sure not to let your chosen venue design spoil the view!
- Catering Requirements – If you have a particular catering requirement you will need to ensure the wedding venue in Bangkok can fulfil your needs. This said Bangkok is truly an international city and almost every type of cuisine is available, either through the hotel or an external caterer. From wedding sushi feasts to Indian cuisine fit for a maharajah, you can find it all in Bangkok.
- Accommodation – A major benefit of using a hotel as a Bangkok wedding venue is, of course, the accommodation on offer. The bride, groom, and the wedding party can continue the celebrations long into the night knowing that their bed is only minutes away rather than a long drive home. This is yet another benefit of considering Bangkok rooftop wedding venues with city views, the view from guestrooms could also be stunning!
- Hotel Facilities/Location – If any or all of the wedding party are planning to stay overnight or longer at the hotel wedding venue it is important to consider the hotel facilities. For example, a swimming pool, a kid’s pool, and a selection of in-house eateries might be important. Location is also important as guests may like to explore the sights or go shopping so easily accessible transport links may be factors worth considering. A central Bangkok hotel such as Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 is close to everything and with Asok BTS station within easy walking distance, visiting the main sights of the city is easy.
- Budget – Another consideration is budget. Although a wedding day shouldn’t be all about money, the cost of the big day should always be taken into account. This doesn’t mean you can’t have the day you’ve always dreamed of as urban wedding venues with city views in Bangkok will usually have a selection of wedding packages to fit almost any budget.
- Parking Availability – Although parking availability may not make or break your final decision when looking for a wedding venue in Bangkok, it may be prudent to advise wedding guests who plan to arrive by car about onsite parking availability or nearby park-and-ride facilities.
- First Impressions do count – One factor that isn’t usually mentioned when initially reviewing a potential wedding venue in Bangkok is the first impression you get when you first enter the premises. If the venue is well designed and you are greeted with professionalism by service-minded staff you could have made the right choice. Arrange a personal tour of the venue and ask to see some photographs of previously hosted weddings with checkable testimonials if possible. Ultimately, it’s your wedding day, and needs to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations, so trust your gut instinct!
If you are looking for a wedding venue in Bangkok that meets all your big day requirements with ease, look no further than Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20. As experienced wedding venue specialists, we can help you throughout every step of the process, from the initial planning through to the big day and beyond. Our dedicated wedding planners, with help from a team of fully trained and experienced support staff, can make your wedding day everything you could have dreamed of and hopefully more! Get in touch today for an informal chat about your wedding plans and find out what we can offer in terms of venue and overall level of service.